SUGAR-FREE BANANA and HONEY MUFFINS
5 tbsp Seabanks rapeseed oil
4 tbsp honey
2 eggs, beaten
3 mashed ripe bananas
4 tbsp of milk
150g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp mixed spice or ground cinnamon
A good squeeze of vanilla paste or 1 tsp of vanilla extract
50g rolled porridge oats
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/gas mark 4
- In one large mixing bowl add: – the rapeseed oil, 4 tbsp honey, 2 eggs beaten, 3 mashed ripe bananas and 4 tbsp of milk
- Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- In a second bowl add:- 150g plain flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda, ½ tsp mixed spice or ground cinnamon, A good squeeze of vanilla paste or 1 tsp of vanilla extract and 50g rolled porridge oats
- Mixed the wet ingredients from the first bowl with the dry ingredients from the second. If you think it’s too wet add more oats.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and sprinkle some more oats on top.
- Place in the oven for about 18 minutes or until golden.
- Let them cool on a cooling rack.
- Eat warm or cool completely and freeze.
Indulge in this everyday culinary luxury and treat yourself to a bottle of our award-winning artisan oil