ROSE HARISSA HASSELBACK BUTTERNUT SQUASH
2 butternut squashes
3 x 400g tins cherry tomatoes
Small jar of rose harissa (typically 120g-165g)
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
3 tbsp Seabanks rapeseed oil
2 red onions roughly sliced
8 -12 bay leaves
2 or 3 tbsp runny honey
2 tsp smoked paprika
200g feta, cubed
Small bunch of dill, finely chopped
Zest of 1 lemon
- Heat your oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan/gas mark 6.
- Prep the butternut squash. Peel it, cut it in half lengthways and scoop out the seeds. Then lie it on the flat side on a chopping board between two wooden spoons and ‘hasselback it’. Do the same with the other 3 halves.
- Put the cherry tomatoes, rose harissa, garlic, and 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil in a large baking dish and give it a good stir. Add the onions, pressing them down in to the sauce. Season well with salt and pepper. Place the butternut squash halves (flat side down) on to the sauce and put the bay leaves in a few of the gaps. Drizzle over another tbsp of oil and season the squashes with salt and pepper. Cover the baking dish with foil and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil, drizzle over the honey and the smoked paprika. Cook for another 35 minutes or until the squash is tender and has a bit of colour.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle over the feta, dill and lemon zest if using. If you don’t manage to eat it all in one sitting it will keep refrigerated for a couple of days and makes great leftovers.
Indulge in this everyday culinary luxury and treat yourself to a bottle of our award-winning artisan oil