1kg potatoes (Nectar, Marfona, Red King Edward, King Edward)
4 tbsp Seabanks rapeseed oil
- Heat your oven to 210ºC/190ºC fan/gas mark 6. Place your roasting tin in the oven.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into equal-sized chunks.
- Par-boil in lightly salted boiling water for 5 minutes. Just before the 5 minutes is up remove the roasting tin from the oven and put the oil in it to heat up.
- Drain in a colander and let the potatoes steam-dry for a few minutes before giving them a gentle toss.
- Remove your roasting tin from the oven and have your potatoes ready. Place the roasting tin on a high heat on your hob and carefully put your potatoes in the tin. Give them a quick fry in the hot oil, covering them with the oil, season with sea salt and ground pepper then place back in the oven.
- Roast for 20 minutes then turn over and roast for another 20-30 minutes until they are the colour that you want them.
If you find you have excess oil just let it cool and re-use it.
Indulge in this everyday culinary luxury and treat yourself to a bottle of our award-winning artisan oil