450g strong plain white flour
5g fast-action dried yeast
5g sea salt
1 tsp Seabanks rapeseed oil
300ml warmed milk
5 tbsp of Pesto (see our Pesto recipe Here)
- Sift the flour into a large bowl and stir in the yeast, sugar and salt. Make a well in the centre and slowly add the rapeseed oil and milk to form a soft dough.
- Knead for about 10 minutes until smooth then transfer it to a greased bowl. Cover with cling film (grease the bottom side of it) and let it rise in a warm place for 1 – 1 ½ hours. You can use this time to make the pesto.
- Knock back the dough and divide it into 4 equal pieces. Roll each piece out into a long thin rectangle (approx 30cm x 10cm). Spread a quarter of the pesto on each piece of dough leaving a 1cm border around all the edges. Fold each side into the centre to almost enclose the pesto.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet and place the dough on it (you might need two). Cover loosely with greased cling film and leave for another 20 minutes. Pre-heat your oven to 220ºC/200ºC fan/gas mark 7.
- Remove the cling film and bake for 10-15 minutes until the bread has risen and it sounds hollow if you tap underneath.
- Leave to cool a little and then eat!
Indulge in this everyday culinary luxury and treat yourself to a bottle of our award-winning artisan oil