Lemon Oil Cake
If I’m at a show I will make this cake and take it along for people to sample.
It shows off the flavour of the lemon oil and also demonstrates how you can bake with oil (and get great results!).
It’s also really quick and easy.
150ml Seabanks lemon infused oil plus a little more for greasing the tin
250g plain flour
250g caster sugar
3 tsp baking powder
150g plain full fat natural or Greek yoghurt
½ tsp vanilla paste
3 eggs, beaten
Icing sugar for dusting
- Grease and line a 23cm or 9” springform cake tin with baking parchment. Preheat oven to 180°C fan.
- Put the flour (I sieve it but not sure this is necessary), sugar and baking powder into a large bowl and mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Add the yoghurt, oil, vanilla and eggs. Stir well with a wooden spoon until combined but don’t over-mix.
- Pour the cake mix into the tin and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden and coming away slightly from the sides of the tin.
- Bring out of the oven and place on a cooling rack. With a small sieve, and whilst the cake is still warm, sprinkle over the icing sugar. Leave for 5-10 minutes then remove the cake from the tin and remove the baking parchment. Let it have a final cool-down.
- Store in an airtight container. It will keep for about 3 days. It also freezes well immediately after cooling.
Indulge in this everyday culinary luxury and treat yourself to a bottle of our award-winning artisan oil