EASY VICTORIA SPONGE
220g plain flour, sifted
4 tsp baking powder, sifted
160ml Seabanks rapeseed oil
220g caster sugar
4 large eggs
A good squeeze of Vanilla bean paste or 4/5 drops of vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 170ºC/150ºC fan /gas mark 3. Grease and line 2 x 20cm round cake tins.
- Put all the ingredients into a large bowl or food processor and mix until you have a smooth, creamy mixture. Use a hand-held electric mixer if you have one.
- Divide the mixture equally between the two tins.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until golden and coming away from the sides of the tin.
- Turn the sponges out on to a cooling rack and remove the lining.
- Fill with jam (and whipped cream if you wish), with a sprinkling of icing or caster sugar on top.
Indulge in this everyday culinary luxury and treat yourself to a bottle of our award-winning artisan oil