(Adapted from a Jamie Oliver recipe.)
2 heads of broccoli
British smoked bacon lardons (around 160-200g)
3 firm red tomatoes
½ a bunch of fresh chives
½ a clove of garlic
2 tsp Dijon mustard
6 tbsp Seabanks rapeseed oil
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Prepare the broccoli by cutting it into small florets, the smaller the better.
- Blanch the broccoli in lightly salted boiled water for one minute.
- Drain the broccoli and then let it dry on a clean tea towel.
- Fry the lardons in a non-stick frying pan until crisp and golden. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Once dry put the broccoli in a serving bowl and sprinkle the bacon on top.
- Half, de-seed and finely chop the tomatoes and chop the chives. Add these to the broccoli and bacon.
- Next make the dressing. In a jug or mixing bowl, crush the garlic and add all of the other ingredients together with salt and pepper and whisk well. This is a good stand-by dressing to have for any salad.
- Add the dressing to the salad just before serving.
Indulge in this everyday culinary luxury and treat yourself to a bottle of our award-winning artisan oil