750g (approx.) main crop potatoes
2 garlic cloves, crushed
A generous drizzle of Seabanks rapeseed oil
300ml light vegetable stock
Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/gas mark 4. Grease the base and sides of a large ovenproof dish or for a more rustic look line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Next do the prep – slice the potatoes as thinly as you can. If you have a mandoline you might want to use that. Slice the onions into fine rings and crush the garlic.
- Line the base of the dish/baking tray with some of the sliced potatoes, then on top add some onions and a little bit of crushed garlic. Repeat this, with light seasoning between each layer. Don’t use too much salt if you’re using a stock cube.
- Drizzle with the oil and pour over the stock.
- If you’re using a dish place it on a baking sheet in case it bubbles over and bake for 1½ hours, cover with foil after the first hour if it’s starting to go brown.
Scatter some fresh herbs on top to serve.
Indulge in this everyday culinary luxury and treat yourself to a bottle of our award-winning artisan oil